I started this blog as a continuation of my efforts in my website: YourLegalLegUp.com.
I practiced law in St. Louis city and county (federal, state and local courts) for almost fifteen years, the last several of which were focused almost exclusively on debt litigation. During this time, I noticed a few things of great significance.
(1) Debt cases are usually pretty simple and could be defended against by ordinary people;
(2) a large majority of debt cases can be won by the defendants.
(3) most defendants do not defend themselves from these suits either by themselves or with lawyers, so
(4) most defendants lose their debt cases and are saddled with large debts they could have avoided if only they had tried to defend themselves; and
(5) I was uniquely situated to help people defend themselves from these suits.
I founded YourLegalLegUp.com in response to this opportunity, and my mission is to protect ordinary people from being taken advantage of by the debt collectors.